拿破崙·波拿巴(法語:Napoléon Bonaparte/義大利語:Napoleone Buonaparte,1769年8月15日-1821年5月5日),即拿破崙一世(Napoléon I),出生於科西嘉島,十九世紀法國偉大的軍事家、政治家,法蘭西第一帝國的締造者。歷任法蘭西第一共和國第一執政(1799年-1804年),法蘭西第一帝國皇帝(1804年-1815年)。
拿破崙於1804年11月6日加冕稱帝,把共和國變成帝國。在位期間稱“法國人的皇帝”,也是歷史上自查理三世後第二位享有此名號的法國皇帝。
對內他多次鎮壓反動勢力的叛亂,頒佈了《拿破崙法典》,完善了世界法律體系,奠定了西方資本主義國家的社會秩序。對外他率軍五破英、普、奧、俄等國組成的反法聯盟,打贏五十餘場大型戰役,沉重地打擊了歐洲各國的封建制度,捍衛了法國大革命的成果。他在法國執政期間多次對外擴張,發動了拿破崙戰爭,成為了義大利國王、萊茵邦聯的保護者、瑞士聯邦的仲裁者、法蘭西帝國殖民領主(包含各法國殖民地、荷蘭殖民地、西班牙殖民地等)。在最輝煌時期,歐洲除英國外,其餘各國均向拿破崙臣服或結盟。形成了龐大的拿破崙帝國體系,創造了一系列軍政奇跡與短暫的輝煌成就。
拿破崙於1814年退位,隨後被流放至厄爾巴島。1815年建立百日王朝後再度戰敗於滑鐵盧後被流放。1821年5月5日,拿破崙病逝於聖赫勒拿島。1840年,他的靈柩被迎回法國巴黎,隆重安葬在法國塞納河畔的巴黎榮軍院(巴黎傷殘老年軍人院)。
1、Victory belongs to the most persevering.
堅持必將成功。
2、Adversity is the midwife of genius.
逆境造就天才。
3、Genius is an infinite capacity for taking pains.
所謂的天才是不斷地承受痛楚。
4、Circumstances? I make circumstances!
英雄造時勢。
5、Men take only their needs into consideration, never their abilities.
人們常只想到自己的需要,而沒考慮自己的能力。
6、My motto has always been: a career open to all talents, without distinction of birth.
我的座右銘是:職業不分貴賤,唯才適用。
7、Men are moved by only two levers: fear and self interest.
恐懼和興趣能激勵人。
8、Be successful! I judge men only by the results of their actions.
一定要成功﹗我只以成敗論英雄。
9、I like honest men of all colors.
我喜歡所有誠實的人。
10、I start out by believing the worst.
我凡事先做好最壞的打算。
11、It requires more courage to suffer than to die.
茍活比犧牲需要更多的勇氣。
12、The bullet that will kill me is not yet cast.
能殺死我的那顆子彈至今尚未鑄造出來。
13、I have made all the calculations; fate will do the rest.
我已做了所有的打算,其餘就交給上帝了。
14、Our hour is marked, and no one can claim a moment of life beyond what fate has predestined.
生死有命,沒有人能要求多活一秒鐘。
15、Glory is fleeting, but obscurity is forever.
榮耀轉眼即逝;而平凡才是永恆。
16、God has given me the will and the force to overcome all obstacles.
上帝已賦予我克服種種困難的意志與力量。
17、If I had not been born Napoleon, I would have liked to have been born Alexander.
如果今天我不是拿破崙的話,我想成為亞歷山大。
18、Imagination rules the world.
統治這個世界的是想像力。
19、Religion is what keeps the poor from murdering the rich.
信仰使窮人不至於去謀害富人。
20、The great proof of madness is the disproportion of one’s designs to one’s means.
一個人的計畫與實踐存在太大的落差即是瘋狂的表現。
21、The stupid speak of the past, the wise of the present, and fools of the future.
聰明的人談現在,愚蠢的人談過去,傻子才談未來。
22、We must laugh at man to avoid crying for him.
與其後來替一個人婉惜,不如先嘲笑他算了。
23、When you set out to take Vienna, take Vienna.
一旦你著手要攻下維也納,就把她拿下吧﹗
24、What I did is immense. What I had decided to do, and what I had projected were still more so.
我所做的是大事業,而我當初的決定與計畫亦是如此。
25、The word ‘impossible’ is not in my dictionary.
在我的字典裡找不到「不可能」這個字。
26、I wished to found a European system, a European Code of Laws, a European judiciary; there would be but one people in Europe.
我想建立一個整合的歐洲體系,包含了法律,法庭,與人種。
27、The French complain of everything, and always.
法國人終其一生都在抱怨所有的事。
28、He who fears being conquered is sure of defeat.
害怕被征服的人,註定要失敗。
29、Take time to deliberate, but when the time for action has arrived, stop thinking and go.
事前考慮清楚,可是一旦到了該行動的時候,就要毫不猶豫,放手一搏。
30、Nothing is more difficult, and therefore more precious, than to be able to decide.
做決定是困難的,也因此益發珍貴。
31、A people which is able to say everything becomes able to do everything.
敢說的人,就做得到。
32、Courage is like love; it must have hope to nourish it.
「勇氣」就像「愛情」,需要「希望」來灌溉。
33、I reign only through the fear I inspire.
我是靠人們對我的敬畏來統治的。
34、I should have conquered the world.
我本來可以征服整個世界的。
35、I succeeded because I willed it; I never hesitated.
我成功是因為我有決心,從不躊躇。
36、To really understand a man we must judge him in misforrune.
要真正瞭解一個人,需在不幸中考察他。
37、There is a moment in every battle at which the least maneuver is decisive and gives superiority as one drop of water causes overflow.
在每一場戰爭之中,都有那麼一刻,運用一點策略就是決定性的並帶來優勢,正像加一滴水就可以促成溢流一般。
Leave a Reply